SCALE MODELS CLASS 154
Rules and Regulations for entries in the Competitions March 1, 2014 Entries in the competitions must be brought to Pinellas Park Performing Arts Center, 4951 78th Ave. N. Pinellas Park, on Monday, March 17th or Tuesday, March 18th 2014, from 10:00 am until 7:00 pm. Judging will be Wednesday, March 17, 2014
Late entries will be accepted only with special permission.
Entries must be left on display until Fair closing, Sunday, 10 PM--March 23,2014.
Items must be picked up on Monday, March 24, 2014 from 10 am until 7:00
1. Judging will be done by the most qualified judges available.
2. Each entry will be judged fairly on its own merit, using the Danish Judging System.
3. The names of the exhibitors are concealed during judging so each entry will be judged fairly on its own merit.
4. The entry of only one item in a division does not necessarily guarantee the top award for that entry
5. No one other than the committee members, volunteers and judge will be allowed to remain in the building during judging.
6. No results will be given over the phone
Maximum size of an entered item cannot exceed 36 inches long by 30 inches wide.
Lot 1. Kit The model has been built from components of a single commercial kit substantially as the manufacturer of the kit intended. Color schemes and/or markings may be changed, minor structural changes and nominal addition of non-kit components may be made to correct and/or improve detailing.
Lot 2. Kit ConversionThe model must demonstrate the use of components of commercial kits combined with hand-built parts and/or significant structural changes to kit components
Lot 3. Built From Scratch Models may represent the builder’s impression of any subject and need not necessarily be of a real object.